BRAIN INJURY PROGRAM
Bacharach's CARF-accredited Brain Injury Program provides comprehensive, individualized treatment plans. The program offers 24-hour inpatient rehab nursing services in a specialized setting. We help brain injury survivors increase cognitive and physical functioning from the acute recovery phase through community re-entry.
BACHARACH OFFERS SPECIALIZED SERVICES FOR THE BRAIN-INJURED PATIENT:
- Spasticity clinic on site
- Cognitive Rehab
- Driver re-education program
- Prosthetic and orthotics clinic on site
- Community re-entry program
- Day rehabilitation program
BRAIN INJURY PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS:
- Brain injury support group monthly meetings
- Wheelchair clinic with computerized pressure mapping system
- Therapeutic pool program
- Home accessibility evaluation
- Driver training program
- Neuropsychologist, psychologist
- Rehabilitation nurse
- Occupational therapist, recreational therapist
- Physical therapist
- Speech/language pathologist
- Case manager
ACCREDITED FOR BRAIN INJURY
In 2013, Bacharach served 145 brain injury inpatients through our CARF-accredited comprehensive brain injury program. There were four inpatients ages 17 – 19 and one 14-year-old outpatient in 2013. The average number of outpatient visits per brain injury program is 6.1.
Every patient admitted to the Outpatient Brain Injury Program is evaluated with the Functional Assessment Measure (FAM). The FAM consists of 12 elements rated on a seven-point scale. Data analysis indicated that improvements were noted on virtually all elements. The average Discharge FAM score fell at the Supervision level to Modified Independent level of functioning. The magnitude of positive change was highest for Community Access, Reading, and Safety Judgment.