Welcome to the Ruth Newman Shapiro Cardiac Rehab Center.
Cardiac Rehab is a very special kind of rehabilitation, designed to strengthen the heart and lungs – especially after heart attack or cardiac surgery.
And Bacharach is the only facility in the region equipped with EECP, a revolutionary non-surgical cardiac treatment system.
The center looks like a health club, with treadmills, stationary bicycles and other exercise equipment. But, unlike a health club, the Cardiac Rehab center is staffed by therapists and physiologists specially trained to oversee a physician-supervised controlled exercise program.
Cardiac rehab is prescribed for those recovering from:
- Heart attack
- Open heart bypass or valve surgery
- Stable angina
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Cardiopulmonary conditions
- Stent / Angioplasty
Our comprehensive outpatient services include:
Phase II Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Monitored exersises using treadmills, bicycles, rowing, arm erogmeters, stairmaster, and weights.
- Continuous monitoring of vital signs: telemetrymonitoring, blood pressure and pulse oximetry
- Extensive education rearding risk factors, behavior and nutrition
- On-going progress notes provided to the referring physician
Phase III Maintenance Program
- Continuation of exercise program for carry-over at home
- Monitor blood pressure (at rest and when exercising) and redesign exercise prescription
- Clinical level exercise physiologists, exercise specialist and cardiopulmonary technicians.
To learn more call (609) 748-2091 or e-mail.
A non-surgical option for angina
EECP stands for Enhanced External Counter Pulsation, a revolutionary non-surgical treatment option for angina.
EECP offers hope for angina patients for whom bypass surgery or balloon angioplasty is not an option, due to underlying disease or other physical limitations.
EECP is a computer-controlled machine that works without needles or catheters of any kind. Special cuffs are wrapped around the lower extremeties and inflated in a carefully orchestrated sequence, manipulating the blood pressure and improving blood flow to relieve angina without surgery.
To learn more, ask your doctor, call the Cardiac Rehab Center at (609) 748-2091 or e-mail.
EECP is a registered trademark of Vasomedical, Inc.