The Bacharach Concussion Center offers services for people of all ages who are recovering from a concussion.
Concussions- injury to the brain caused by impact- affect one in ten high school athletes each year. The resulting symptoms can range from mild to severe and debilitating. While concussions may occur at any age, students need particular care in recovering properly and avoiding further injury by returning to activities too quickly.
Doctors now know that repeated concussions can have long lasting effects. Further, even mild concussions can be very dangerous.
The clinical experts at the Bacharach Concussion Center can help patients manage concussion symptoms effectively during the healing process. In other words, our team has the skill and experience to evaluate each patient and craft an individualized care plan. Most importantly, the plan will safely guide him or her back to school, back to sport and back to leisure activities.
Symptoms of concussion:
- Loss of consciousness
- Feeling dazed and confused
- Nausea and vomiting
- Dizziness and lightheadedness
- Fatigue, lack of energy
Most concussions resolve in a few days on their own. However, when headache and other symptoms persist, it is time to seek further treatment.
Persistent symptoms may include:
- Sensitivity to light or noise
- Change in mood or behavior
- Drop in performance at school
The Bacharach Concussion Center has a team of physical, occupational and speech therapists. They will work together to evaluate and comprehensively manage patients to reduce their concussion side effects.
SERVICES IN THE CONCUSSION PROGRAM:
- Concussion education and support
- Physical therapy for strength and musculoskeletal issues
- Vestibular therapy for balance and dizziness
- Cognitive therapy for forgetfulness, inattention
- Occupational therapy including vision therapy
- Physical medicine and rehabilitation
- Back-to-sport protocal as recommended by physician
You will need a prescription from your doctor to evaluate and treat for brain injury or concussion. Call 609-652-7000 or use the form below to schedule.
Related Bacharach News Posts:
- Vestibular Therapy for Balance and Vertigo October 19, 2016
- Nicole Piela, PT, DPT: Preseason Concussion Awareness August 16, 2016
- Nick’s Story of Brain Injury and Recovery March 14, 2016
- Sports Medicine Gets Athletes Back in the Game July 22, 2015