The CARF accredited spinal cord injury system of care at Bacharach Institute for Rehabilitation offers a complete package of services for both patients and families.
Bacharach offers a complete inpatient spinal cord injury system of care for adults and adolescents, and an interdisciplinary spinal cord outpatient medical rehabilitation program for adults, adolescents and children.
Each patient will work with a team of clinicians including a physiatrist, physical therapist, an occupational therapist, speech therapist, psychologist, therapeutic recreation specialist, dietitian, and round the clock nursing. The team will work to maximize mobility,while also promoting safety and management of the activities of daily living. Patient and family education are a priority.
The team will focus on improving strength, balance and endurance to promote independence. Each patient will be individually assessed for adaptive equipment.
The spinal cord injury team at Bacharach is robust and multidisciplinary. Clinicians from all the disciplines collaborate to offer individualized education, training and care. The goal for patients with spinal cord injury is to prepare them and their families in every way possible for optimal function and independence.
Bacharach is CARF accredited for:
- ReWalk training center
- Wheelchair clinic
- Biodex Unweighted Body Support System
- Community reintegration program
- Pressure mapping system
- Weekly team meetings for inpatients
- Upper tone (exercise equipment designed for tetraplagic patients)
- Patient and family conference
- Driver training program
- Group education session
- Peer counseling program
- Therapeutic home visits
- Therapeutic pool
- Comprehensive patient education manual
- Home evaluation to maximize accessibility
- Brace clinic with an on-staff certified prosthetists/orthotists
- Intrathecal baclofen therapy for spasticity management
- Spasticity Clinic
- Monthly support group meetings and outings
- Monthly Spinal Cord Group newsletter
- South Jersey Spinal Cord Injury Support Group-Bacharach facebook page (private)
- Annual Ability Fair
Accredited for Spinal Cord Injury
In 2016, Bacharach served 60 spinal cord injury inpatients through our CARF-accredited comprehensive spinal cord injury system of care and 16 outpatients. The average number of outpatient visits per spinal cord program outpatient admission is 27.6 visits. There was 1 pediatric outpatient spinal cord injury patient in 2016.
The Bacharach SCI Support Group has events, monthly newsletters and community resources. Please visit the group on Facebook, where members update regularly. The group meets the third Thursday of each month from 4 – 6pm. Times and locations will be posted on Facebook, email email@example.com or you may call (609) 748-5411.
For more information, call (609) 652-7000 or e-mail us.