Observation Hours for PT and OT Students
Observation Hours for Pysical and Occupational Therapy Students
Bacharach welcomes students who are enrolled in college and need Physical Therapy or Occupational Therapy observation hours in order to apply to graduate school. Openings are limited.
- We do not offer PT or OT internships, only observation hours.
- We do not accept high school students.
- Inpatient observation hours are offered Monday- Friday during business hours.
- Observation hours are not offered on weekends.
Occupational Therapy Observation Hours
Inpatient hours should be available in mid-February, 2019.
Physical Therapy Observation Hours
Inpatient hours- Inpatient hours should be available in mid-February, 2019.
Outpatient hours- Openings available
To be considered for observation hours complete the forms below and mail, scan or fax to:
Bacharach Institute for Rehabilitation
61 West Jimmie Leeds Road
Pomona, NJ 08240
phone: (609) 748-5250
fax: (609) 748-5432
Read the instructions and plan accordingly. It takes approximately 2 weeks to get the required 2- step ppd screen, which tests for exposure to tuberculosis.
Bring the health form to your doctor. New Jersey requires a 2-step Tuberculine screen (also known as a ppd) for anyone volunteering in a healthcare setting. The second test may be performed between 1 and 3 weeks after the first screen. If you have had a single screen within the past 12 months, you just need 1 more screen, but documentation for both is required. Flu vaccinations are required if you are volunteering between October 1 and April 30. Incomplete applications will be returned.
Completed applications include-
- Documentation for the 2-step Tuberculine ppd screen OR QuantiFERON TB Gold blood test for TB exposure
- Documentation for 2019-20 flu vaccination
- Names and phone numbers of 3 references
- Once we have a completed application, we will contact you with instructions for completing the online orientation
If you have already observed and need documentation of your hours, please reach out directly to the clinician.
If you need speech observation hours please contact Jane Hocker, MA CCC-SLP.
Phone: 609-652-7000 ext. 6850
Internships for cardiac technician, medical assistant, exercise science or exercise physiology are coordinated through Ronn Franceschini.
Phone: 609 -748- 2091