Bacharach welcomes students who are enrolled in college and need Physical Therapy or Occupational Therapy observation hours in order to apply to graduate school. Openings are limited.
- We do not offer PT or OT internships, only observation hours.
- *Unfortunately, we cannot take high school students looking for volunteer hours.*
- *All inpatient observation hours are Monday- Friday between the hours of 9 a.m. – Noon. Please keep this in mind when scheduling classes and work.
- Observation hours are NOT offered on weekends.
Occupational Therapy Observation Hours
Due to the overwhelming demand, we are currently not accepting applications for OT observation hours.
Physical Therapy Observation Hours
inpatient hours- Full until the Fall.
outpatient hours- Openings Available.
To get on the list and be considered for observation hours complete the forms below and mail, scan or fax to:
Jamie Hoagland / Foundation
Bacharach Institute for Rehabilitation
61 West Jimmie Leeds Road
Pomona, NJ 08240
phone: (609) 748-5250
fax: (609) 748-5432
Read all the instructions and plan accordingly. It takes approximately 2 weeks to get your required PPD screenings.
Bring the health form to your doctor. New Jersey requires a 2-step Tuberculine screen (also known as a ppd) for anyone volunteering in a healthcare setting. The second test may be performed between 1 and 3 weeks after the first screen. If you had a single screen within the past 12 months, you just need 1 more screen, but documentation for both are required. Flu vaccinations are required October- April. Applications that are not complete will be returned.
Completed Applications Consist Of-
- Documentation for 2 PPD screens.
- Documentation for the most recent flu vaccination. (During flu season)
- Names and phone numbers of 3 References.
- Must be neatly written in pen or typed. Applications that are not legible or have several words scribbled out will be returned.
If you have already observed and are looking to get a copy of your hours, please reach out directly to the clinician.
If you need speech observation hours please contact Jane Hocker, MA CCC-SLP.
Phone: 609-652-7000 ext. 6850
Internships for Cardiac Technician, Medical Assistant, Exercise Science or Exercise Physiology are coordinated through Ronn Franceschini.
Phone: 609 -748- 2091