During the current COVID-19 national Public Health Emergency, our staff is focused on keeping our patients, visitors, and everyone safe. Our standard procedures follow all CDC and New Jersey Department of Health guidelines to prevent the virus from affecting our patients and staff. Out of an abundance of caution we restricted visitors since the beginning of the public health emergency, but we are now allowing limited visits for safety.
We know how important it is for you to visit with your family and people who support your recovery while you are in the hospital and after your discharge. It’s also important that your support network is involved in your care. The following resources and opportunities are available:
In Person Visitor Guidelines
Visitor hours are limited from 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Only ONE visitor per patient is allowed per day either in the patient’s room or outside.
YOU MUST PICK UP A VISITOR PASS UPON ENTERING FROM THE HOSPITAL OPERATOR AND YOU MUST RETURN THE PASS UPON YOUR DEPARTURE
- Visitors may not visit within 20 days of testing positive for COVID.
- Visitors must wear a mask at all times.
- Masks with exhalation valves, bandanas and neck gators are prohibited.
- Failure to comply – you will be asked to leave the building.
- Visitors must participate in a wellness screening upon entering our building which includes a temperature check.
- Visitors must wash their hands or sanitize as you enter the building and before visiting the patient.
- Visitors must remain in the patient’s room or designated areas.
- Visitors must quarantine appropriately as directed by your healthcare provider after an actual or potential exposure to COVID-19.
- Only visitors 18 years of age and older will be granted access.
- At this time our hospital cafeteria is not open to visitors.
- Weather permitting, patients may visit with (1) visitor on the front patio. Masking, social distancing and minimum age requirements are still applicable.
- If you have a cell phone, feel free to call or FaceTime or connect with your family and friends on your own.
- If you need assistance, please ask your Nursing Assistant or Nurse. We have devices you can use while you are here, which we can share, if you don’t have a cell phone or the technology to see them though a video chat.
- Your therapists will provide treatment in your room or follow safe procedures to treat you in the therapy gym. They can use the video chat technology to connect with your family and friends for family training in the techniques to help you.
- During your stay, if you have not been exposed to or tested positive to COVID-19, you can schedule a “window visit”.
- Coordinate a day and time between Monday through Friday 10 AM to 4:30 PM with your family or friends.
- Ask your Nurse or Nursing Assistant to have the Nursing Supervisor coordinate the visit with the Director of Occupational Therapy.
- We will confirm the appointment. On that day and time, your family or friends can come to the Bacharach entrance, and follow the path on the left side of the entrance to the patio.
- Your family or friends will be outside, and you will be inside the window, with a staff member, both wearing masks. You and your family or friends can see each other through the window and can talk on the phone.
- To consider patient treatment in the gym, your “window visit” may be limited to 15 minutes, but we’ll do all we can to help your visit.
- Window visits can be scheduled on Saturdays and Sundays from 10 AM to 4:30 PM by contacting the Nursing Supervisor.
We appreciate your understanding.